Most people want to have the free and easy connection to all websites when they are surfing through internet. If you want to have the legal and also easy access, then you can get a VPN service. Most of you have heard about it but less people understand it well. Most people who understand about it are those who have computing background such as programming students and similar. However, beginners like you who just play with internet everyday can understand it too.
What VPN Service Is and What is The Main Benefit of It?
First of all, it doesn’t important at all to know how to get it and how to install it. What you need to understand is the meaning of VPN service. What is it exactly? VPN stands for Virtual Private Network which allows users to create and make the secure connection to other networks through internet. VPN is not only one and those can be used also to access the restricted website based on certain region where only few people can access it. VPN can help to make the barrier or shield to protect your activity in browsing from public eyes like Wi-Fi.
Though you can’t feel the popularity, actually VPN is so well-known. VPNs are created for reasons and originally, those were just the ways to connect network of business securely through internet and also allow users to access the business network right from their homes. Basically, VPN is so essential to forward all traffics of network to the network which is so beneficial. You may access the local resources of network remotely and break the censorship of internet to by pass it. Nowadays, most OS’ or operating systems have it.
The Functions of VPN Service for Ordinary People
The question now is, why do you need VPN and how VPN can help you to browse and search at ease over the internet? Simply, VPN will connect your gadgets whether it is tablet, smartphone or PC to another server located somewhere right on the internet and it will allow you to search and surf through the internet using the internet connection of “that” computer or server. If the server is located in another country, it will show you up as the user that comes from the chosen country too.
It means, you are admitted virtually as the person located in the same country as the website you want to access. Potentially, you can access anything you can’t open normally before having VPN. The functions of VPN are so many and you can read them below:
- VPN can protect you from being logged when you torrent
- VPN may gain certain anonymity online by hiding the exact your location right now
- VPN may protect you too from snooping on the no-so trusted Wi-Fi hotspots
- VPN can help you to watch the streaming media just like Hulu and Netflix easily
- VPN may bypass the restrictions of another geographical area on websites and also streaming the video and audio at ease
Is VPN Service Secured Enough?
Perhaps after knowing the truth about benefits of VPN, many people are hesitating to use it because they can see the restricted data they can’t watch before. Sometimes, fear appears because many people think it will break the rules and it can make them suffered by law. In this way, you need to know the security of VPN itself. Up until now, the security of it is still debated strictly among IT pros and others from the same industry. At least, there are 2 VPN factors are debated such as:
- The VPN type limitations for certain technology used by the users
- The limitations of legal and policy that will affect what is done with technology. The location of country laws where the provider or server and also the company that provides VPN and also the policies of company themselves that will affect the implementation of company for this technology into their service.